Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Happy Birthday, Walt Simonson!

Walt with his lovely wife, Louise
Today is the 69th birthday of artist and writer extraordinaire, Walt Simonson!



I first came across Walt's work by accident, in a one-off Dr. Fate First Issue Special. I was hooked from then on! I devoured his Metal Men and his Manhunter (written by the late great Archie Goodwin). When he moved to Marvel he worked on The Fantastic Four, Thor (a character I had never liked up to that time), and X-Factor, a group of characters who had always deserved the star treatment.

He has written Hawkgirl, and most recently wrote and illustrated The Janus Coin, a historical graphic novel of the DC Universe.

I was lucky enough to meet the Simonsons on one of my trips to the Baltimore Con. They both were super nice and friendly people.

Happy Birthday, Walt Simonson! 














No comments:

Post a Comment