Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Happy Birthday, Steve Lightle!

 
Steve Lightle, comic-book artist extraordinaire, was born on this date in 1959. That makes him the same age as my sister, 54 years young.

I first came across his work when I was in college, when he was doing outstanding work on LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES. He ended up creating one of my all-time favorite members, Tellus. Later he did great work on another of  of my favorite teams, THE DOOM PATROL.  And although I was never a huge Flash fan, his covers for THE FLASH made me browse them and pick up a few copies I otherwise would not have. He has also done some MARVEL work, but most of it was while I was in Japan, so I haven't actually seen any of it in person (outside of on the internet.)

Last year I was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time, stumbling onto his homepage in time to purchase a Steve Lightle original. It's one of the prizes in my Aquaman collection. So let's all wish the man a happy birthday, and many more years of fantastic art to come!

Happy Birthday, Steve Lightle!

Tellus is on the far left, the methane breathing non-humanoid
 


 
 

For more great Steve Lightle goodness, check out Lunatick Press!

No comments:

Post a Comment