Sunday, September 4, 2011

Looking forward to HOCKEY....!!!

Okay, the first official NHL game for Columbus is scheduled for October 7. That's more than a month away!

HOWEVER, the first pre-season game is on September 21 (against Winnepeg) and we are definitely going! This week is Labor Day four-day week, next week I have a business trip to Detroit, and then the week after that is HOCKEY~!! I'm totally psyched.

Not only that but we are going to the following on this coming Friday:

Yep, an Open House with more than 20 players signing autographs, posing for pictures, playing hockey....and of course, chances to buy more tickets, haha! We already have our half-season tickets, but we might buy some more games (like against Colorado, the team who hired Jan Hedja away from us). The wife and I went to the Blue Line store at Tuttle Crossing yesterday to buy something that we could get signed for FANFEST. At the last open house event we went to at Nationwide somebody had this beautiful wall panel/plaque thing. When I asked him where he got it he said that he had gotten it at Tuttle, so we went hoping to find something similar...Of course they didn't have any of these, so we ended up getting a big pennant. Players can sign it in blue or silver ink. Anna of course already has her cannon flag she will be bringing. I'm looking forward to getting *most* of the team. However, I am thinking of trying to get players from last year that I didn't have on my last year's cap, like Rick Nash. Maybe I'll bring my cap and my wife will bring the pennant, so we can get both...! We'll have to wait and see how it goes....My guess is that my daughter will follow Derick Brassard around all night, from Autograph Station to Videogame Time to Photo Session....I'm looking forward to it!

If you're from Ohio and you like hockey, you should come down! Click on the picture to check the link. I'll be wearing a BOLL 40 t-shirt if you happen to go....:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment