Saturday, January 28, 2012

POGO Through The Wild Blue Yonder

I am very happy to announce that the long-awaited release of the classic POGO strip by Walt Kelly has begun! Up until the release of POGO Through The Wild Blue Yonder Vol 1, only the daily strips have  been  reprinted. Now, we have the daily strips distributed by the Hall Syndicate starting on May 16, 1949 as well as the Color Sunday strips starting on January 29, 1950.  (Coincidentally, this is 62 years ago to the day tomorrow!)

The publisher, Fantagraphic Books, promises to publish all of the strips, from its debut here until it's eventual retirement after Walt Kelly's passing on October 18, 1973.


The current volume reprints one year and a half, through December 1950, so at that rate we will have approximately twenty-two of these beautiful books. As soon as I get my tax refund I intend to rush over to my local Barnes & Noble and purchase Pogo Through The Wild Blue Yonder for myself. At less than $30, this is an absolute steal.

If you have never experienced the denizens of the Okefenokee Swamp, please trust me and go to your library and borrow this book. Or trust me implicitly and go buy yourself a copy. I'm thinking you will NOT be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment