Monday, September 15, 2014

JL #36 "The Polaris Gambit: Part II" Forward

The last panel from JL #31, with the Hawks flying out of "my" universe...
 As I mentioned last time, THIS is the story that I wanted to write when I decided to start back at doing my own comic book stories. When I stopped doing my original JUSTICE LEAGUE stories because I was leaving Japan, I decided to mirror *my* leaving Japan in real life with Hawkman and Hawkwoman leaving Earth in the series. It is still one of my favorite stories. If you haven't read it, please use the link on the right for Issue 31, "Going Home."

Flash forward twenty plus years and me having an incurable itch to get back into storytelling. I had a few JLA story ideas in my head, and I couldn't wait to get to them. However, the Hawks were still out there on Thanagar. Could I bring them back as guests? Should I? I pretty quickly decided I wanted to follow-up on them and update their status somehow....and thus, THIS story was written.

I don't want to say more yet....just read the story and then I'll be back with an Afterward to explain more.
The last panel from last issue, as we head into NEXT ISSUE on Wednesday....!

No comments:

Post a Comment