Sunday, July 10, 2011

Roll Call Profiles 1 Superman & Black Canary

Continuing the original Roll Call pages that I featured in numbers 1 thru 4, here is Superman and Black Canary. Not much to add as way of introduction except to say that of all the JLAers, I find Superman to be the most difficult to draw, and Black Canary to be the easiest. I don't know why...maybe I'm confused as to whether I should be shooting for a burly Wayne Boring type or a sleek Curt Swan look? I can never get Superman's hair twirl right and that throws his whole face off. Also I had many troubles with his darn "S" shield. I eventually took the time to practice practice practice it, but here you can see it's a bit more round than I would have liked. As for Black Canary...dull, but done well, IMHO. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment