Monday, December 12, 2011

JLA # 12 "War With The One-Man Justice League!" FORWARD

So here we have the second 2-parter I did after the Time Lord stories (numbers 6 & 7). In my opinion this story works better than that one did...if only because the heroes took more of an active role in this story than they did waiting around fighting dinosaurs in the earlier one. 

As discussed last issue, this story is based on JUSTICE LEAGUE of AMERICA #s 111-112 (which is why I wrote them in JUSTICE LEAGUE #s 11 & 12). However, though this story is based on that one, some of the members were not the same. The original featured The Atom, Red Tornado, and The Elongated Man instead of Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, and Hawkwoman.  So in the original, Green Lantern, the Atom, and Red Tornado teamed up; in my version I replaced the latter two guys with Wonder Woman and Hawkwoman. I don't think my changes did anything to lessen the quality of the plot, but if you have read the originals I would like to hear your opinion on how I "adapted" them.

As mentioned elsewhere, JLA #112 was the first comic book I ever remember reading. So obviously it made a pretty good impression on me, haha! I knew I was going to do an adaptation of this story about a year before I did it, which is another reason I down-played Batman in my other stories. If you have been waiting for Batman to pull his weight among his team-mates, then wait no more. As you'll see, Batman plays a *pretty* big part in this story. 

This story features one of my favorite villains, Amazo. His back-story is pretty complex, but suffice it to say that he is an android with all of the powers of the Justice League. Yeah, he's a bad-ass. I don't really like the way I drew him in this story,  unfortunately, haha.

Well, I'm wasting your time here. Hope you enjoy the story as much as I enjoyed doing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment