Sunday, April 14, 2013

National Library Week


This week is National Library Week. If you've been to this site before you know that I LOVE my local library. Although I live in a suburb outside of Columbus, Ohio my library is in the Metropolitan Columbus Library network. This means that I have access to every book, CD, DVD, magazine, and video in the greater Columbus area. And not only that; if I can't find something in any of the twenty-one libraries in this network I can make a special request to find the item I want any place in the state of Ohio! Needless to say I visit my library about once a week. I visit the library homepage probably three times a week. I have memorized my eleven digit library card number; THAT is how much of a library geek I am!

If you do not have a library card, I don't know why you wouldn't. Besides books, most libraries have music and movies you can borrow. If you could borrow a DVD for free, why wouldn't you? Also, most libraries have magazines. I recently borrowed three issues of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC to do some research. The cost to me? Nothing!

To help celebrate libraries, this week I will be writing about various books I use as resources for my various themes. For example, on TV Tuesday I will be writing about some of the television books I read. Hopefully, I will mention some book you will want to check out at YOUR local library.

The 21 libraries in the Metropolitan Columbus Library network.
Mine is at the lower-middle right off of E Main St

No comments:

Post a Comment