Monday, June 3, 2013

One Hit Wonder "Tarzan Boy"

I was in Japan from Autumn 1985 to Spring 1986. While I was there I came across a "Top Hits POP" cassette tape that featured songs I knew by talents I knew, such as Huey Lewis and Cindy Lauper. Additionally, there was a song or two that I had never heard of. One of them was "Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora.

I don't think I've ever heard this song on any radio. Yet, somehow, it has become a part of my 1980s memories. Do other people even know this song? A quick search of it found that it was released in the US in the spring of 1986 and that its highest charting was at No. 13. Although it did much better in Italy, the UK, and in France, where it went to Number One. So that is why it was on that Japanese cassette tape.

June 2 was Johnny Weismuller's birthday, so I figured I would do something "Tarzan" related for Music Monday. This is the first thing I thought of.

I wouldn't recommend the actual video, as the images move around out of focus that it gave me a headache. Just click on it to hear the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment