Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are off to visit my family in St. Louis for the next few days.

I like to drive back to visit my parents in November because the weather is better now than it usually is in December/January. So since we came (back) to the US in 2001 it's become something of a tradition for us to have Family Time at this time of year. That also allows all of my brother and sisters to have our own family's Christmases.

Thanksgiving effects me somewhat oddly. Even with all of my bitching and moaning about stuff, I do know very well that I have a lot to be thankful for. Don't think I take anything I have for granted, because I don't.

Please take a moment to consider just how blessed we all are....and if possible, donate a few things to your local food bank, or take a pie or some cookies to your local Police or Fire Station. It'll make them smile and fill your heart better than any turkey can fill your stomach. I do it every year, and it's something I can't imagine not doing.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy Thanksgiving holiday.....and no Black Friday injuries! ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment