Monday, May 7, 2012

Be Kind To Animals Week: The Animals

This week is Be Kind To Animals Week, originally created by the Humane Society, but supported by all sorts of other wonderful organizations. Please consider visiting one of my personal charities, Guiding Eyes for the Blind, and helping them out.

To help celebrate Be Kind To Animals Week here at FoJ, here are The Animals with their international super-hit, "House of the Rising Sun."

I admit that as a kid I thought this song was about Japan, what with the Rising Sun and all. Now, as an adult, I have no idea what it's really about. Haha! I hear only bits and pieces of his vocals...."it's been the ruin of many a poor boy, and God, I swear I'm one...." and "return to New Orleans to wear that ball and chain," for example.

I think that it's supposed to be about a gambling or opium den or something of that nature. I know I could find the lyrics easily enough, but kinda like "Louie Louie," it's sorta fun to NOT know what they're actually singing. Don't you think so?

If you want to know more about The Animals, there's a link on this youtube page. Follow that. :-)
In the meantime, here's a song as old as I am: "House of the Rising Sun!"

No comments:

Post a Comment