Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy Comic-Book Cinco de Anniversary Graduation Day!

Today is Free Comic-Book Day all over the US and Canada. Visit www.freecomicbookday.com and type in your zip code to find the nearest participating comic book shop. Then go visit and pick out a free comic or two!

Today is also Cinco de Mayo, the Mexican holiday that celebrates the Mexican Army's victory over the French forces at Puebla on May 5, 1862. Of course, to the majority of Mexicans this is not a holiday! Only in the state of Puebla (located in the middle of south-eastern Mexico) is this celebrated at all! There it's called El Dia de la bata lia de Puebla, and they drink to excess to celebrate. At the turn of the century Mexican immigrants in California started celebrating, and the Mexican brewers and restaurants really pushed for it. Imagine that! 

More importantly to me and mine, today is my 22nd wedding anniversary. Yep, that's me and the Mrs. twenty-two years ago! Twenty-two years and still no European vacation....sorry, honey! Someday!! I do love you!!

And lastly, today is also the graduation of my nephew from Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. Congratulations Anthony, and best of luck in all you do! We are all oh so proud of you!

To celebrate this momentous day, I want all the people reading this (all....four? haha) to go out and read a Japanese comic while drinking a margarita on a college campus.....and to think of me while doing it!

I'm off to Indiana. I'll be back here on Monday. Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment