Monday, August 13, 2012

JL #20 "The Return of the Weather Wizard!"

You can see that I stole this pose from Dan Jurgens. Superman, Hawkman, and Wonder Woman maybe were his; the rest were mine. You can see that I didn't do a good job mixing the styles, as my Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter especially don't "jibe."  Probably my least favorite cover.

You'll also notice the double-sets of holes on the left side of the illustration. I colored these pages and then put them into a three-ring binder. So of course, I had to punch holes in them. Well, there was a tool in my office to do that, but you had to set the punch-hole locations before you pressed on it. I forgot to do this. The person who had used the tool before me used a different sized paper, and so I had my entire 40 plus page story with the wrong holes in them. I wasn't going to re-color the whole thing, so there you are....!

I learned my lesson, though. I punched the black-and-white versions and THEN colored them, and I *always* checked the settings before I punched them.

No comments:

Post a Comment