Monday, August 10, 2015

Happy Birthday, Missouri!


Today marks the anniversary of the day the great state of Missouri joined these United States of America. Missouri was officially admitted as the 24th state on August 10, 1821. That means that The Show Me State is 194 years old today. (Funny, she doesn't look a day over 176). I wonder if there will be a huge party in 2021 to celebrate the bicentennial?





Monday is Music Day here at FoJ, so let's celebrate the birthday of my home state with some home-grown music. There are plenty of native Missourian musicians, such as Scott Joplin, Sheryl Crow, Sara Evans, and Nelly. But I can't think of anybody who better represents my home state (and my home city of St. Louis) than the Father of Rock 'n' Roll, Mr. Chuck Berry!

Maybeline by Chuck Berry (circa 1955)

No comments:

Post a Comment