Friday, July 20, 2012

I Believe

On July 20, 1969 (Houston, TX time) Neil Armstrong became the first person to step onto the surface of The Moon.

His words at the time became instantly world famous: "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."

The fact that we went to the moon (not just this once but several times) just shows what Humanity can do when we put out minds to it.

The fact that people doubt we went to the moon at all just makes me sad. The movie CAPRICORN ONE is a good drama about what would have happened if it really had been all a lie, but....it wasn't a lie. It happened.

I remember being woken up by my parents so I could watch the moon shot live. I thought it was awesome then and I think it's awesome now.

Thank you NASA and to Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins, and Buzz Aldrin specifically for your bravery and intelligence.










No comments:

Post a Comment