Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happy Birthday, Prince!!

When I was in high school one of my friends turned me on to this new controversial singer named Prince. He was only getting air-play on the local R&B station with songs like "Controversy." Then almost as soon as I had heard of him he came out with his "1999" album, which garnered "mainstream" air-play with such hits as "Little Red Corvette" and the title track.

When I was a freshman in college Prince came out with his huge hit "Purple Rain," both the movie and the soundtrack.

After that, Prince always seemed to be in the background somewhere. His was one of the first CDs I ever bought after that "new" technology started to catch on. I listen to Prince music all the time.

Prince Rogers Nelson was born in Minneapolis on June 7, 1958. When I was in college at Macalester in St. Paul MN a bunch of our friends drove by his family's house....and yes, it was purple. :-)

Happy Birthday, Prince! May you continue to make music for many years to come!

Prince doesn't want his music on youtube, but I found an interview he did about his spiritualism and how he has only had one birth, so only one birth-day....interesting, and kinda fun. He seems like a cool guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment