Monday, October 15, 2012

Great Brad Paisley Concert!

In honor of the awesome Brad Paisley concert I went to last week I am posting one of my favorite Brad Paisley songs here.

I don't really go to concerts. I have been to, like, five in my entire life. I just don't do them. But I have really started liking Brad Paisley over the past few years. When I heard back in May that he was coming to Columbus in October right around my birthday, I bought tickets for me and a buddy as joint birthday presents. I've been looking forward to it ever since.

Well....last week my Columbus Blue Jackets sales rep who I will call "Russell" called me up and chatted about the hockey lock-out. I told him that I would just wait and see and probably get my cancelled games replaced after (when?) games actually start up. (I don't have a full season.) Then as we were ending our conversation he asked in passing whether I liked country music. I said, "some." He said that if I wanted to, I could come down to the arena for two free Brad Paisley tickets and watch the concert from the Blue Jackets Suite.

Uh....

YES!!!!

So my buddy and I took those tickets, two more buddies took the other two tickets, and we all headed downtown after work. The idea was to switch out so we could all enjoy the suite. However....once we all got in the room, my Sales Rep didn't kick us out, so we all stayed.

So believe me when I say the concert was awesome. The songs were awesome. The view was awesome. The friends were awesome. Extra Special Guest Carrie Underwood was awesome.

I had a great time.

Viva Brad Paisley!!!

At our show ALCOHOL was his encore and last song. He brought out The Band Perry and Scotty McCreery, who had opened for him. This version is from 2010 or earlier, on THE LETTERMAN SHOW. It's a bit slower version than usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment